Behaviour support aims to develop individualised strategies for people with disability that are
- responsive to the person’s needs
- reducing the occurrence and impact of behaviours of concern
- minimising or eliminating the use of restrictive practices.
SALTIE’s Behaviour Support Practitioners can assist through:
- conducting Functional Behavioural Analyses (FBA)
- supporting data collection
- engaging directly with the participant for therapeutic interventions
- training support staff
- helping family
- working with care teams
- preparing reports, including Behaviour Support Plans (BSP).
Producing a high quality, comprehensive BSP takes time. Our benchmarking, along with that of other industry experts, indicates that 100+ hours are required to complete a BSP.